Mobile App Internship (74-557)Bookmark This
875 Howard Street
San Francisco, CA
Kiva.org was founded upon the fundamental principle that connecting people through lending can help alleviate poverty. To ensure that it succeeds, the company, along with its user base, provides borrowers with the seed capital needed to generate income, and thereby live a life of sustainability and independence. So far, this approach has enabled Kiva to raise $437 million in loans for 1,142,788+ entrepreneurs in 70 countries, momentum which it looks to continue in the coming years as it positions itself to achieve $1 billion in loans across a variety of sectors by 2015.
Kiva's Mobile Application Intern Role:
The Mobile Application Developer is responsible for developing mobile applications built on Kiva's Public API using HTML5/JaveScript. This is an unpaid internship and will be a remote role, coming into Kiva HQ twice a month for meetings.
This is an unpaid internship.
- Continuing development of our upcoming mobile form factor application for Android and iPhone.
- Ensuring high overall product quality.
- Delivering the completed application.
- Gathering requirements from the Product team.
- Turning requirements in to specifications for sign-off.
- Liaising with the Design team regarding UI layout and interactions.
- Coding the application.
- Regular code reviews with the Engineering team.
- Familiarity with open-source calibration with Git
- History in clean UI design and seamless UX
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop/Adobe Illustrator a plus
- Skilled at working collaboratively with multiple teams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Strategic thinker with the ability to balance competing needs, generate creative approaches, and manage uncertainty
- Ability to think about long-term content strategy and operations, as well as juggle multiple short-term deadlines
- Is self directed, eager to meet and exceed objectives, and excited to take
- Casual work environment
- Opportunity to join the team of the world's first online person-to-person lending platform
- References gladly given for successful participants
Resume and cover letter required. Please specify your availability in the cover letter.