Mutual Fund Product AssociateBookmark This
Mutual Fund Product Management seeks to deliver proactive product content to assist Sales and Marketing in effectively positioning Prudential?s retail mutual fund family and managed account strategies ? through affiliated and non-affiliated distribution channels, resulting in increased assets and market share.
This position will work closely with the Mutual Fund Product Managers to facilitate on-going product support to Sales, Marketing and other business units within Prudential. The position will report to a Director, Product Management. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
· Generate analytical data to support positioning recommendations for both mutual funds and managed account strategies
· Update Fund Presentations/Modules, Fund Commentary, Portfolio Manager Biographies, Fund Profiles, Fund Histories, Mutual Fund / PI Pitchbook, Fund Stories Book
· Develop and update slides and presentations to support sales meetings
· Coordinate and run monthly/quarterly Attribution Reports
· Coordinate and update Request for Proposals (RFPs) and Consultant Questionnaires
· Maintain and populate 3rd Party and consultant databases (ie: Mstar, Lipper, Cambridge, Mercer, etc) with performance information and fund reclassifications as necessary
· Periodic product related training for Sales Desk
· Verify that product website content and postings are current
· Respond to special requests from Senior Management
· Assist with competitive analysis and positioning points
· Monitor Industry Trends ? Convert Observations into Actionable Ideas
o Monitor market events and the impact on designated products ? develop actionable ideas to help Sales maximize opportunities, where necessary
o Read trade publications and develop sales ideas or positioning points
· Understanding of financial markets, investment concepts, styles and issues.
· Must be able to effectively communicate with and work with the Prudential Investments Sales and Marketing teams.
· Series 6 or 7 license preferred; must be capable of obtaining licensing within 120 days if not currently held.
· Must have the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, and complete projects on a timely basis.
· Strong PC skills (including general software and industry databases such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Lipper, FactSet, Morningstar Principia, Direct, Advisor Workstation, LANA, Bloomberg, preferred).
· An undergraduate degree and 2+ years of mutual fund industry experience preferred.
Ideal Personal Profile:
· Solid written communication and oral presentation skills.
· Strong attention to detail, with analytical capabilities.
· Team player with excellent interpersonal skills; must be able to establish and maintain effective, cooperative working relationships with all departments and organizational levels.
· Creative thinker with an ability to identify process improvement opportunities, as well as sales ideas.
· Desire to make a strong contribution and continue to advance through the group.