NBC Universal Social Media Fall InternBookmark This
New York, NY
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
DescriptionLove social media and reality TV? Want to work on marketing hit shows and highly anticipated series including The Glee Project, Bad Girls Club, and All the Right Moves, while learning about developing audience engagement on new media platforms?
The Oxygen Network (a service of NBC Universal) is seeking a Social Media Intern to join our Digital & New Media team for the fall semester. This internship will be a part of the NBC Universal internship program, which offers various workshops and networking opportunities throughout the semester.
ResponsibilitiesThe intern will work closely with our Social Media Coordinator and will be responsible for writing and scheduling updates to social networks (Facebook and Twitter), live tweeting special events, tracking and analyzing brand buzz around Oxygen on social networks, conducting research on show topics and competitive offerings, and assisting with special projects.
Requirements• Currently enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited college or university
• Able to receive course credit for internship participation - (this is an NBC Universal requirement, as our internships are unpaid)
• Able to work 2-3 days per week out of our Chelsea Market office in NYC
• Passionate about digital media and television
• Well-versed in social media, particularly Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr
• Possess an impeccable command of the English language, skilled at writing concise, fun, impactful messaging that generates conversation
• A creative, flexible self-starter
• Attentive to detail, able to ensure that the right message gets to the right audience at the right time
• Analytically savvy, able to draw patterns and ideas out of large amounts of data
• Consistently strives for excellence, looking for someone who'll bring their "A game" every day that they're in the office