Nature Rocks Digital Marketing and Social Media GLOBE InternBookmark This
The Nature Conservancy
The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact around the world in more than 30 countries, all 50 United States, and your backyard. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. Visit www.nature.org/aboutus to learn more.
Through the GLOBE (Growing Leaders on Behalf of the Environment) internship program, The Nature Conservancy hires students and recent college graduates to fill paid internship positions during a 10-week summer internship. This is a unique opportunity for students and recent graduates to bridge the gap between what is learned in the classroom and on-the-ground work in the world of conservation. Additionally, the GLOBE program provides interns with the chance to directly work toward a sustainable future for our planet on the side of the Conservancy, the worlds largest environmental organization.
The Nature Conservancy offers GLOBE internships in the following areas: Conservation/Environmental Studies, Science, Information Technology (Computer Science), Marketing/Business, Marketing (Photo editing/Production Assistant), Communications, MBA Finance, Policy, Government Relations, Audit, and Philanthropy.
Intern will work on digital marketing and social media for The Nature Conservancys Nature Rocks program (www.naturerocks.org).
Duties will include: Marketing, communications and outreach for the Nature Rocks program through contributing to social media marketing (which reaches over 270,000 people), writing and editing posts for the Nature Rocks blog, contributing to the Nature Rocks website, participating in strategic planning meetings, and other projects as assigned.
Ideal candidate will have interest and some experience in the areas of: strategic marketing, writing for websites and managing social media accounts, including understanding of best practices, strategy and implementation.
About the Nature Rocks program: The Nature Rocks program inspires families to explore nature. The program aims to make spending time in nature easy, accessible, non-intimidating and fun for parents and kids. It does this by providing tools for parents to find nature near them, (whether in wilderness area, in urban parks, or in their back yard), and by suggesting and providing games and activities for families to experience together in nature. The program is based on research that shows.
- Experience and at basic ability with Adobe Photoshop
- Experience with social media in a professional setting
- Very strong writing and editing skills
- Detail-oriented with strong attention to detail
- Strong communications skills
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite
- Candidate should be self-motivated, able to take initiative and be able to work independently
- Candidate should exhibit professionalism, including: follow through, timeliness, teamwork, time management
- Experience with social media through personal and/or professional use
- Interest in marketing
- Interest in conservation and the mission of The Nature Conservancy
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
- This is a full-time, temporary internship position with a position term of June 1, 2014 - August 8, 2014.
- Please include a writing sample with your resume and cover letter
BENEFITS-SHORT TERM POSITIONS
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
- $12.00/hour for undergraduate students; $14.00/hour for graduate students and above
- The Nature Conservancys GLOBE program candidate should demonstrate at least one of the following:
- Contribution to The Nature Conservancys diversity. Applicant has circumstances, experiences, skills or talents that would benefit others and would enhance the diversity of the organization.
- Commitment to diversity. Applicant has shown and can demonstrate a deep and active commitment to the issues of conservation and human diversity.
Other Eligibility Requirements:
- Applicant has exceptional academic aptitude and record;
- Applicant is able to demonstrate a commitment to conservation of the natural world;
- Applicant must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program. Recent graduates applying for internship positions should be graduates of the past 2 years.
Intern Selection Process
- Applications will be screened for eligibility, qualifications, experience level related to the project
- Applicants will be notified of next steps in the process (within 4 weeks after posting date ends)
- 2-3 phone interviews will be conducted for applicants selected to interview
- Additional information may be required before making a final decision
- All applicants will be notified of final selection by mid-March.