Network Engineer InternBookmark This
Black Hills Corporation
Rapid City, SD
LOCATION: Rapid City, SD
Support and assist various projects as assigned within the Companys Information Technology Department. These projects will be assigned consistent with the Companys Internship Program with an emphasis on developing an understanding of the Companys multiple business units and enhancing the interns ability to apply his/her education in a business environment.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Manager, Telecommunications
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Troubleshoot and support Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls.
- System administration and support experience with Cisco IP Telephony systems.
- Assist Network Engineers in testing, implementing and supporting high level network designs.
- Assist with equipment installations, troubleshooting, and communicating with various areas within the company.
- Learn how to maintain a high availability, security focused enterprise network environment.
- Learn how to develop detailed technical designs and implementation strategies for key technology areas.
- Learn how to develop and maintain network documentation/diagrams.
- Adhere to internal processes related to change management, internal audit, and human resources
- Support BHSC IT and BHC goals and objectives
- Maintain strong working relationships with IT Department.
- Maintain supportive and respectful working relationships with all Black Hills Corporation employees and departments.
- None required.
- Pursing degree in Telecommunications or IT equivalent degree.
- Basic knowledge of Cisco network designs and protocols.
- Basic understanding of all common IP protocols.
- Basic knowledgeable in Windows and Linux Operating Systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prepare and give presentations.
- Attention to detail required.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment on multiple tasks with supervision, in a fast paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate with employees and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of business, employee and applicant information.
- None required.
- Participation in the Companys Industry Orientation Experiences, which will include some travel and overnight stays.
- Prepare and present a synopsis of experience with the Company at the end of the internship.
Introduce yourself after you apply: https://blackhills.hirevue.com/openvue/veGk3zN3mC/
The information contained in this position description describes the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. This description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, duties, and requirements for employees in this position. The incumbent is responsible for performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with safe work procedures and safety regulations. This job description is not intended to constitute an offer or contract of employment. Job descriptions may and do change periodically. Where positions are covered by a collective bargaining unit agreement, the terms and conditions of the collective bargaining unit agreement will apply.