Networking Research InternBookmark This
DescriptionAs a research developer in the Networking Division (ND), you will develop, debug, validate, and benchmark drivers, user-interface software and/or extended technologies software for ND's networking products, including 1Gb, 10Gb, and/or 40Gb devices. You will be focusing on code reuse through up front design, reliability, maintainability, and software process improvements. Developers will have the opportunity to work on a variety of hardware, and will predominately develop in a Linux operating environment.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Must be pursuing a MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, and/or Electrical Engineering
- Strong programming skills with ability to debug and troubleshoot problems.
- Knowledge of OS internals and development environment
- Ability to plan and execute software projects to meet schedules, and be able to work with and influence other teams in the organization
- Must have the ability to write, review, and revise technical documentation
- Must be a team player, self-starter, motivated, willing and able to code to existing architecture while looking for potential areas of improvement