NewSpace News Tech InternshipBookmark This
DescriptionNewSpace Global ("NSG") is a fast growing start-up positioning itself as the leading source of information for the NewSpace industry. NSG provides a unique suite of products that includes Thruster, a monthly market tracking report, industry indices (the NSG 100, NSG PTC, NSG RE, and NSG OTB), and NewSpace Watch ("NSW"), a daily online news source. The NSG customer base includes Fortune 500 companies, universities, NewSpace start-ups, government agencies, think tanks, student organizations, and investors. NSG was recently featured in USA Today, CNBC, Huffington Post, The Economic Times, Space News and other publications.
Responsibilities- Assist with daily publication of NewSpace news reports, events, background articles, etc.
- Report directly to NSW Managing Editor:
-- On independent research and monitoring of latest developments in NewSpace
-- On development of new features and improvements to the NewSpace Watch publication
-- On development and implementation of tools for detecting latest news from and about NewSpace companies, the publicly-traded companies, mainstream press coverage, policy decisions and institutions (e.g. FAA, NASA, etc) that impact NSG-tracked companies.
- Attend weekly teleconferences with NSG/NSW management
Hours and Compensation
- 45-day "trial period" requiring approximately 10-20 hours per week
- After conclusion of trial period, compensation (to be negotiated) will be academic credentials and/or possible cash consideration.
To apply for this position, please contact email@example.com with a cover letter, resume, and at least three (3) references. In your cover letter, please be sure to explain clearly why you would like to work at NewSpace Global.
Requirements- Ideal candidate:
-- Work experience
--- Created, wrote for, and/or maintained a website, weblog, or other publication
-- Working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree from a reputable university in one of the following areas: writing, journalism, business administration, engineering, physics, mathematics, entrepreneurship, and/or finance
-- Passionate about (or strongly interested in learning about) the commercialization of space
- Stellar research skills and willingness to learn
- Strong writing (creative and/or technical)
- Highly organized, meticulous, good at time management and prioritizing tasks
- Excellent multi-tasker
- Tech experience with the following tools: HTML hypertext, Google software (Gmail, calendar, docs), Mavenlink (or similar project management tool), Skype (screen share)
- Experience working in a "virtual office" (strongly preferred)
- Experience working with a tech start-up (strongly preferred)
- Able to work under time pressure and meet deadlines
- Good communications skills
- Knowledge of commercial space ("NewSpace")