Non Profit Fundraising InternBookmark This
DescriptionRogue Waters is looking for interns for the Spring, Summer and Fall semesters to help the Development Department raise monies for the annual operating budget as well as production of their inaugural publication.
The Development Department of Rogue Waters creates and implements the organization's fundraising efforts, and has a goal to raise close to two to five thousand dollars per month. As an intern you will be helping to develop the core team of the Development Department—events and major donors.
These internship positions will provide someone with substantial experience in nonprofit development and management, grant writing, events planning, researching donor prospects, solicitation strategizing, in addition to gaining valuable office experience working in a non-profit organization.
• Research new foundations to apply for funding
• Conduct external research on Rogue Waters key program priorities to use in writing proposals
• Help with copy editing of proposals and report
• Help in writing minor proposals and reports
• Research and develop events in new fundraising markets
• Research event venues and caterers, and help to get quotes and donations of venues and caterers.
• Depending on availability, provide assistance at key high profile events
• Depending on experience, help design invitations and event promotion
• Help with organizing our Rogue Waters book campaign
• Help in researching potential donors
• Help in conducting in depth researching into new fundraising markets
• Provide support in sending mailings and invitations Help provide current donors and members with information requests
Each intern will be expected to work 15–20 hours per week (this is flexible), sometime between the days of Monday through Friday in their home or personal office.
We are seeking motivated and responsible college students or young professionals looking to gain experience working with a nonprofit. Prior interning experience is not a requirement, but we do require you to have a strong work ethic and willingness to learn. A candidate should have an interest in Rogue Waters mission to educate people on the extinction dangers facing Pacific Salmon and have basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. A potential intern should be comfortable working independently but also working with a team and a supervisor.