Non-Graduate Intern, PharmacyBookmark This
4476 MONTEVALLO ROAD
Posted: 480 days ago
Description!*!Pharmacy InternJob Overview The pharmacy intern will accurately fill prescriptions for our guests. This position will consult and advise guests on their medications, both prescription and over- the-counter, in a manner that will provide for their total well-being. All duties will be supervised by the licensed pharmacist, at all times. Primary Responsibilities
- Prepare prescriptions which includes entering patient information (demographics, drug allergies and pharmaceutical history) and prescription orders into the computer for processing.
- Prepare labels and fill prescriptions for guests under the supervision of the licensed pharmacist at all times.
- Handle third party insurance forms.
- Execute medication management therapy under the supervision of the licensed pharmacist at all times.
- Keep records of controlled substances under the supervision of the licensed pharmacist at all times.
- Consult with guests about prescription and over-the-counter medications.
- Maintain knowledge of latest pharmacy products and all governing laws.
- Keep sales and work area clean, orderly and free from safety hazards; report hazards to management.
- Maintain confidentiality in compliance of Federal HIPPA Regulations.
- Execute plans to capture front-end guests; greet, assist and thank guests in a prompt, courteous and friendly manner.
- Maintain current and accurate computer files on prices and products.
- Communicate telephonically with doctors and patients to address guest needs.
- Order, receive, stock and rotate drugs and authorized pharmacy related items.
- Check inventory and remove out-of-date drugs.
- Order and restock bags, vials and other assorted pharmacy supplies.
- Maintain reference books.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Builds Trusting & Loyal Relationships
- Contributes to Team Success
- Communicates with Impact & Candor
- Respects Individual Differences
- Earns Guest Loyalty
- Adapts to Change
- Manages Work
- Upholds Safety & Standards
- Clarifies & Achieves Results
- Gains & Applies Knowledge or Skill
- Displays Business & Functional Knowledge
- PHARMACY INTERN ONLY: Current enrollment in an accredited pharmacy program.
- GRADUATED PHARMACY INTERN ONLY: Pharmacist degree.
- Compliance with all Winn-Dixie policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently.
- Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
- Authorization to work in the United States or the ability to obtain the same.
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug testing and background check.
- Strong PC skills.
- Demonstrated strong guest service skills.