ODI InternBookmark This
City of Hope
Experience an amazing opportunity!
Make a difference, get noticed and build a highly rewarding career. That’s the opportunity open to you right now at City of Hope. We’re an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening illnesses.
City of hope is currently seeking graduate students working towards a Masters in Psychology (preferably, industrial/organizational psychology), Business Administration, or a related field with an interest in Human Resources and Organizational Development. The ideal student will have a 3.0 or higher GPA, enjoy working in a collaborative environment, and have a strong desire to learn. The student selected for this unique opportunity will be partnered with experienced professionals who will mentor his or her learning throughout the internship.
- Performance Management – Assist with the administration of a cutting edge performance management system.
- Compensation Management – Assist with the administration of the Annual Merit process and work alongside Compensation professionals.
- Learn best practices for performance, compensation, and technology utilization
- Support end users via email and phone calls on basic system functionality
- Attend and participate in training sessions
- Support Organization Development and Compensation system administrators by running reports from system, formatting, and analyzing the data.
- Assist with other ad-hoc projects, as needed
- Graduate students working towards a Masters in Psychology (preferably, industrial/organizational psychology), Business Administration, or a related field with an interest in Human Resources and Organizational Development
- One year general work experience (industry specific a plus)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong in Excel
- Strong customer service skills
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.