OS Software Engineer InternBookmark This
Come join Intel's Windows OS team as a Software intern. In this position, you will be responsible for researching and analyzing operating system software enhancements for operating systems and virtualization software. You will be working closely with the desktop, server, mobile and phone business units at Intel.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to analyzing, debugging and evaluating system software and processor errata for current systems and future Intel processors.
The ideal candidate should exhibit the following behavioral traits:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated skills to analyzing complex problems quickly leading to the development of creative solutions and adapt to a fast paced environment
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work/classes/research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences.
- Must be pursuing a MS in Computer Science or other science/engineering related field
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with the following skill sets:
- Processor architecture, operating systems internals, kernel debug skills, device driver development, performance analysis tools and techniques
- Power management, virtualization, RAS, graphics, sensor and security
- Low-level hardware programming and debugging expertise