Office of the Chief of Staff InternBookmark This
NYC Department of Consumer Affairs
New York, NY
DescriptionThe New York City Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) is seeking an intern to provide high-level support within the office of the Chief of Staff. S/he must possess the ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and be flexible to shifting priorities. S/he must be highly organized with a keen attention detail. The Intern will assist with special projects, as well as day-to-day operations within the DCA administration. S/he will work with senior staff in the Finance, Data Analysis, Project Management and General Services divisions. Candidates for this internship should have an interest in government organization and management.
The intern will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, which may include:
• Policies and Procedures – Advance the operational policies and procedures in support of the Agency’s mission. S/he will meet with various divisions to determine best practices, and create streamlined procedures to improve efficiency.
• Records Management – Assist with ongoing transition from paper to electronic records. Additionally, provide support for a large records inventory project.
• Finance – Support the Chief Financial Officer with account reconciliations, budget analysis, and special reports. Assist with procurement, accounts payable and other finance tasks as needed.
• Emergency Planning – Assist with agency compliance as part of the Citywide Continuity of Operations Planning program, including the execution of the annual Senior Staff emergency exercise. Ensure that Senior Staff are equipped with up-to-date information/plans in the case of an emergency. Attend lectures and trainings offered through the city’s Office of Emergency Management.
• Office Efficiency – Develop efficient and effective office processes, such as accounting systems, filing systems, logistics systems and production schedules.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills.
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
• Must be responsible, flexible and hardworking
DCA and The City of New York is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER INDICATING JVN# OFFICE OF THE CHIEF OF STAFF INTERN TO: firstname.lastname@example.org (Must e-mail as MS Word only)