On Call On Air ProducerBookmark This
Saint Petersburg, FL
Posted: June 13 2014
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionOn Call On Air Producer - 0808888
The On-Air Producer sits at the center of the live show execution at HSN. It is a role that requires a leader, with good communication skills and a keen ability to think strategically and react quickly in our fast paced environment.
About â€œOn â€“Callâ€ @ HSN
HSN employs â€œon callâ€ staff to cover projects, vacation, and periods of high volume.
â€œOn callâ€ means that you are scheduled â€œas neededâ€, and you could work a varied schedule from week to week based on our needs and your availability. You may know your schedule a few weeks in advance however you may also be called on short notice.
Day in the Life
- As the leader of the live show, duties include: Producing the Show live host, guests/vendors and crew
All producers monitor both Sales and viewership success and are responsible for the development and implementation of strategies to maximize sales and viewership.
Key responsibilities includes: category a compliance, appropriate headset communication, effective recaps, conduct the pre-show meetings and address all contingencies
Ability to develop and manage effective internal and external partnerships
Partnerships include: Chemistry with hosts, Supervising Producers, vendors, crew, willingness to participate in meetings, etc.
Meet HSN Brand and corporate goals of quality, esthetics, sales and integrity of the show
Coordinate staff to reach most efficient sales presentations
Review and understand all show support and attend all appropriate show related meetings to maximize our air time. This includes, flow sheets, Show plan, and other management directives
Responsible of acting in a manner that creates an environment of confidence that motivates staff and hosts
Train new team members
Initiate and lead special projects as needed
Have an understanding of driving social media on air
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- Bachelors Degree in TV/Communications preferred or equivalent work experience in related field.
- Strong estimation, arithmetic and number skills
- Must be able to perform the following physical duties with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Close vision
- Working knowledge of control room, studio operations and equipment
Nice to Haves
- 7years television production experience
- Live television experience
- Electronic retail knowledge
- Professional communicator with good oral and written skills
- Must be able to build and maintain good working relationships with a diverse group of individuals and personalities
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Intermediate knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook
HSN's unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. www.hsn.com/careers
To learn more, visit http://www.hsn.com/article/hsn-careers-careers-paths/5863?nolnav=1Job Field - Television Location - FL-Saint Petersburg Schedule - Part-time Shift - Variable Employee Status - Temporary / On Call