On-call Server/Busser (In-Room Dining) - InterContinental Mark Hopkins San FranciscoBookmark This
San Francisco, CA
Description**Schedule:** Varies. This position is considered **_on-call_** and scheduled by seniority.
**P****ay:** $11.79/hour plus gratuities.
**Experience required:** Minimum of one (1) year in a similar role. Candidates must have prior experience in a four- or five-star environment or combination of education and required experience.
**Other requirements:** Employment history verification; criminal background investigation; urinary drug screening; U.S. employment authorization.
At InterContinental Hotels Group, we own, operate and franchise more than 4,200 hotels, offering close to half a million guest rooms in nearly 100 countries. By bringing your expertise and passion to any one of our brands, you will help us achieve our vision: to be the most preferred, admired and successful hotel company the world over.
As splendid now as when it opened to great fanfare in 1926, the InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco is one of the city's finest hotels. Situated at the crest of illustrious Nob Hill, and at the crossing of three cable car lines, this venerable landmark is minutes from Union Square, Chinatown, and the Financial and Theater Districts. Fisherman's Wharf and the Golden Gate Bridge are just short drives away.
This position delivers food and beverage orders to guest rooms according to hotel specifications, courteously and efficiently. Also assists in the maintenance of the In Room Dining area and equipment.
**Key responsibilities of the role include:**
* Deliver and serve food and beverages to hotel guest's room; set up and serve the order in the guest's room according the specifications and standards.
* Complete customer payment transactions as outlined in cash and charge procedures.
* Perform set-up and closing side-work; stock service station, make coffee, etc.
* May answer room service phones and record orders
* Collects empty tables and trays from guest rooms, floors and. hallways within the prescribed period of time.
* May assist with other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of one (1) year experience as a server, back waiter, busser or food runner in a four- or five-star restaurant or hotel. Applicants must possess the ability to communicate clearly and legibly in English. Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler cards as required by local or state government agency may also be required.
The applicant must be able to work flexible hours, late evenings, and weekends as needed.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
* Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
* Moving about in the kitchen
* Handling food objects, products and utensils
* Bending, stooping and kneeling.
Do you have what it takes to be a leader in the world's most global hotel company? If so, make it happen and apply now for a career with InterContinental Hotels Group, where a world of personal and professional opportunities exist.
*Schedule:* On Call
*Job:* Room Service
*Primary Location:* AMER_North Amer-United States-CA-San Francisco
*Req ID:* SAN002776