Online Community ManagerBookmark This
Summer Rayne Oakes, LLC
DescriptionThe Online Community Manager position involves helping research, write posts, and manage social media.
Interns should have had prior experience with all forms of social media, including Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, YouTube, and blogging software such as Wordpress. People who do not have a skill set in this area should not apply. Video skills are a plus because some of what you will be working on involves social media around video. Interns need to exude energy, creativity and commitment and have a keen interest in people, sustainability, culture & politics and new media. Intern must be organized and disciplined to finish his/her responsibilities throughout the day, particularly when on deadline.
Working in front of a computer and researching is a larger component of the internship, though not the only component. Interpersonal, communication, writing, social media, and modest video skills are required. Intern should exude independence not dependence and will be learning on the go on many occasions.
This internship can be done from anywhere, so feel free to apply even if you are not in New York.
Responsibilities- Creative copywriting and headlines
- Research on specific subjects as it relates to related guests (e.g., various sustainability and human interest topics)
- Social media involvement
- Communication with clothing designers/pick up + drop off of clothes
- Basic video editing and upload
- Figuring out basic stats from social media involvement
- Interest and passion in people, sustainability and current culture
- Good research skills (e.g, library, trade reports, science journals; access to college resources is highly preferred. Not just talking about Wikipedia.)
- Great writing competency and communication skills. Proficiency in writing attention-grabbing headlines is a must. Show us examples!
- Basic understanding in blogging platforms, such as Wordpress.
- Proficiency in social media (e.g., Twitter and Tumblr)
- At least a basic understanding of video editing (e.g., IMovie is fine) and upload
- Ability to communicate with people via email, telephone and keep a schedule
- Video editing skills
- Previous community management skills
We will be using Asana, which is a time and task management software, so please become familiar with that prior to the internship.