Operations & Claims InternshipBookmark This
Liberty Mutual Insurance
DescriptionDescription Liberty Mutual's Reinsurance department is hiring an Operations Claims Intern. Our internship programs give you the chance to work on a variety of critical business assignments, test your skills, use your academic knowledge and match your interests to a real job. This internship opportunity will introduce the selected student to the workings of a reinsurance operation and will provide a unique opportunity to learn both the Claims and Operations side of the business. As an intern at Liberty Mutual Insurance, you will develop knowledge about the business through exposure to different functional areas. You will focus on developing the skills necessary for success by assisting professionals with day-to-day job assignments, project work, and additional training. The Company's internship program is intended to provide students from diverse backgrounds with the opportunity to practice business skills learned in school while gaining work experience. This is your chance to check out Liberty Mutual Insurance as a potential employer. We will provide you with the tools and resources to be successful. Your internship supervisor and the University Relations team are always available to make sure you are benefiting from your experience. An online community of hundreds of interns will provide a collegial environment to help with your transition from school to work. You'll participate in educational and social programs that will help your development. And you may qualify for scholarships that will assist with tuition costs. Responsibilities include:
- Developing technical skills needed to become a successful professional in both the Claims and Operations functions.
- Maintaining internal compliance procedures.
- Communicating effectively to manage claims within LMR operation.
- Focusing on developing the skills necessary for success by working closely with co-workers and management.
- Performing project work that is aligned with business priorities, which may involve an end-of-summer presentation to management.
- Marketing opportunities within department.