5455 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1280
Los Angeles, CA
DescriptionPosition: Operations Intern
Location: Los Angeles, CA
About RI: Relief International (RI) is a leading global change organization and home to teams of humanitarian activist-professionals committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with beneficiaries and communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
• Conduct internet research, price comparisons of shipping costs, and miscellaneous procurement duties
• Assist with daily operations for headquarters and field offices; including international communications, logistics, travel arrangements and coordination between field and HQ.
• Support Operations Department with ensuring that the organization is in adherence to in-country registration requirements, etc.
• Carry out procurement procedures and paperwork for capital assets for field and HQ offices; provide consolidation and shipping support
• Assist Relief International employees as needed
Qualifications & requirements:
• Demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
• Professional demeanor
• Able to work well under tight deadlines and with limited resources
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Knowledge of Excel and basic word processing
• General knowledge of world affairs and international/intergovernmental institutions.
• Currently enrolled in an undergraduate field related to International Relations, Political Science, Public Policy or Business Administration/Management; Graduate students and volunteers are welcome.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
• Ability to learn and adapt to a fast pace environment
• Second language desired
• Willingness to work minimum of 15 hours a week; M-F varied schedule
Salary: Unpaid, monthly transportation stipend and academic credit available
To apply, please visit: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH07/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=RI&cws=5&rid=369