Operations InternBookmark This
Vision Event Management
16851 Southpark Dr. Suite 100
DescriptionVision Event Management is a road running event producer that owns or produces over 20 events per year. Mudathlon is a mud and obstacle course event series with 4 events per year. In 2012 the 2 companies produced events for over 100,000 participants. The events VEM and Mudathlon produce cover 8 states in cities such as Atlanta, Little Rock, Madison, Milwaukee, and Chicago. The two companies are based in Westfield, IN an Indianapolis suburb. An internship with one of these companies will give a student in marketing, business, event planning, or operations a great opportunity to learn the fast paced event production business and travel while being immersed in real time decision making to help produce the events.
TYPES OF INTERNSHIPS
VEM and Mudathlon focuses on two types of internship opportunities, Operations and Marketing. Although interns focus on one of these areas, each intern will undoubtedly be exposed to and gain knowledge of all event management elements. From an event’s creation to its marketing efforts and finally its flawless execution, interns will have the opportunity to be a part of the entire process at VEM or Mudathlon. We also encourage our interns to bring fresh ideas that enhance the experience of current participants or ideas to create a new event altogether.
Operations Intern Opportunity
Event management interns focus on the real nuts and bolts of the events managed by VEM or Mudathlon. If you like to problem solve and find realistic solutions that are a constant part of the event world, this is for you. Duties include administration, logistics, participant services, registration, database entry and management, volunteer recruitment and management, equipment management including maintenance and loading, meeting planning, vendor orders and general support.
Marketing Intern Opportunity
Marketing interns have one main focus, turn creative and outgoing energy into more participants at VEM or Mudathlon’s events. Marketing interns participate in the planning, coordination and implementation of marketing and promotional activities for Vision Event Management, Mudathlon, and their events. Duties include grassroots outreach, on-line promotion, social media, entertainment recruitment and general support. During event times duties will also include aspects of the operations position as necessary.
ResponsibilitiesOperations Intern – VEM Focus
This position is a labor-intensive position with VEM. It will include many days spent outside preparing for VEM events. A large portion of the internship may be spent traveling to various VEM events depending on the season of the internship. It is necessary for the intern to have reliable transportation for this travel. All travel expenses will be reimbursed.
The following is a detailed description of the internship position.
• Assist in the day to day operations and planning for each VEM event, this may include:
o Creation of timelines
o Creation of event related maps
o Creation of day to day event related duties and tasks
• Attend site visit or client meeting with race director
• Assist in the organization and inventory control of all VEM event-related equipment
• Assist in loading and unloading of trucks for each VEM event
• Complete any neighborhood, city, or township notifications of the upcoming VEM events
• Assist in preparing and compilation of all event information for VEM event operations manual
• Distribution of radios and radio related equipment at each VEM event
• Creation of applicable radio cards for each VEM event
• Disseminate all travel information to incoming event staff
• Tracking and distribution of all event related apparel for each VEM event
• Assist in recruiting staff and volunteers for VEM events
• Assisting all marketing efforts as necessary leading up to each VEM event
• Coordination of race day entertainment for each VEM event