Operations InternBookmark This
2001 Jefferson Davis Highway, Suite 806
theatreWashington, sponsor of the Helen Hayes Awards, is accepting applications for Operations Interns. These interns work alongside and under the mentorship of the Operations Manager. Duties and training will include, but are not limited to: Expense reporting, budget reconciliation, daily business functions, mailings, database management (PatronManager/Salesforce Platform), filing, research and analysis, assistance of other departments (Communications, Development, Theatre Services, and Web), coordinating staff and Board meetings, phone management and coverage and special projects aligned with the candidates’ individual focus.
Goal: This internship is suitable for those working towards careers in theatre business leadership, associated areas of the performing arts, and other business experience.
The intern will:
• Report directly to the Operations Manager
• Define the tenure of their internship; minimum three months.
• Work an average of 25 hours a week
• Set their weekly schedule with the Operations Manager
Candidates should be:
• Interested in a career in the theatre
• Good public ambassadors
• Great with people
• Creative problem solvers
• Able to work independently.
• Able to occasionally work outside the normal work day
• Able to maintain a sensitivity to the privacy and importance of theatreWashington’s role in the community, particularly in regards to the administration and adjudication of the Helen Hayes Awards
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and general office skills (mailing/copies/fax…)
• The intern will receive a stipend of $150/week.
• The intern will be invited to be our guest at one regional production for each four weeks of service committed.
• The intern will receive a letter of recommendation from the Operations Manager upon the successful conclusion of the internship.
• Please forward a cover letter, resume/CV, and three references to Lindsay Esser with the subject line “Operations Intern App.” Positions are open until further notice or this posting is removed.