Outcomes Analyst Evidenced Based Outcomes CenterBookmark This
Texas Children's Hospital
Job Title: Outcomes Analyst - Evidenced Based Outcomes Center Job ID: 128141 Location: Medical Center, Houston, TX Full/Part Time: Full-Time Regular/Temporary: Regular Shift: 9:30-5
Salary Grade: 14 Texas Children's Hospital is an internationally recognized full-care pediatric hospital located in the Texas Medical Center in Houston. One of the best pediatric hospitals in the United States, Texas Children's Hospital is dedicated to providing the finest possible pediatric patient care, education and research.
Texas Children's is nationally ranked in the top five among children's hospitals by both Child magazine and U.S. News World Report. The hospital has garnered widespread recognition for its expertise and breakthrough developments in the treatment of cancer, diabetes, asthma, HIV, premature babies, and cardiogenic and attention-related disorders.
No third party considerations will be accepted at this time. Vendors please do not call HR directly to solicit. Knowledge
Required for completely satisfactory performance in this job is a knowledge of qualitative and quantitative analysis, research methods, and quality improvement methods. General familiarity with social science research and policy issues. Knowledge of national issues in the healthcare industry.
Required for completely satisfactory performance in this job is the ability to:
- develop, analyze, interpret, and manage a variety of complex data sources to include all facets of decision support/financial reporting, clinical disease state outcome tracking, and clinical data
- apply quality improvement principles, theory, study design and statistical modeling
- utilize statistical software systems such as SAS, SPSS, Statit, etc., and the ability to apply a working knowledge of Structural Query Language (SQL) and relational database implementation and theory
- use excellent interpersonal skills to foster collaborative partnerships using a team approach to span traditional boundaries within a health care setting
- display a positive attitude and high degree of flexibility in a rapidly changing environment
- demonstrate strong critical thinking skill through work history
- utilize strong organizational skills and experience in project management. utilize strong communication skills enabling effective communication with clinicians as well as with IS technical staff and employees at all levels
- handle highly sensitive and confidential material and adhere to data security and confidentiality protocols and procedures
- display strong analytical, writing and verbal skills.
Formal Education and Experience
The formal education and experience required for completely satisfactory performance in this job is:
- A Master's degree in math, statistics, computer science or related field
- 5 years of progressive, outcome-oriented experience in the healthcare (either hospital or ambulatory) setting and awareness of national issues in the healthcare industry
A PhD in math, statistics, computer science or related field is preferred. One year of project management experience is preferred.