PART TIME Room Service Server - InterContinental Stephen F AustinBookmark This
Do you see yourself as a **Room Service Server**?
What's your passion? Whether you're into sports, shopping or just reading a good book, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
Deliver room service food and beverage orders to guest rooms; also assist in the maintenance of room service area and equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Delivers and serves food and beverages to hotel guest's room; set up and serve the order in the guest's room according to specifications and standards.
* Complete guest payment transactions as outlined in cash and charge procedures. Document legibly the guest's order information on guest checks.
* Describe all menu items; methods of preparation and prices as needed. Work within policy to accommodate guest's special food requests.
* Performs set-up and closing side-work; stock service station, make coffee, etc. Preset trays as necessary; prepare flatware "roll-ups".
* Alert Management of any service and/or safety issues. Make appropriate service recovery gestures according to established guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
* Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Coordinate VIP deliveries with appropriate departments.
* May answer room service phones and record orders; utilize up-selling techniques to increase sales.
* May be required to retrieve trays from guest rooms and hallways within prescribed time period.
* May assist with other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Basic reading, writing and math skills and food service experience with general knowledge of restaurant operations
This job requires ability to perform the following:
* Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds
* Moving about the kitchen
* Handling food objects, products and utensils
* Bending, stooping, kneeling
* Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with guests, cooks, and supervisor.
* Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
* Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when taking orders, completing paperwork, etc.
* Basic math skills are frequently used when handling cash and credit.
* Must be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which includes free shift meals, healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
*Job:* Room Service
*Primary Location:* AMER_North Amer-United States-TX-Austin
*Req ID:* AUS000609