PR Assistant InternBookmark This
1st Position Marketing
2008 Thorn Crest Drive
DescriptionWe are a small, inbound marketing focused company who provides online and offline marketing services to small and mid-sized organizations.
Our company is going through a rebrand and we need to seriously step up our PR efforts and social media outreach.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who is knowledgeable in the area of PR/communications or journalism and with social media. However, we are mainly looking for someone who is passionate about learning, social media marketing and PR, and who can work within a team and a process.
It is our goal to allow our intern to work with a PR team and PR manager to help research, devise, and implement PR and communications strategies.
Because our company is going through a rebrand and basically re-launching, our interns will have the opportunity to grow an awesome business and measure their success from the ground up. As the company grows the internship could become a part time or full time position for the candidate depending on their performance and the growth of the company.
Upon successful completion of the internship, the PR Assistant intern will receive a strong letter of recommendation directly from the CEO and also one from the PR Team Manager.
Responsibilities- Provide links to 1-3 social networking profiles to demonstrate interest and knowledge
- Possess skills in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and customer management
- PR pitching (traditional and online media) knowledge and passion a big plus
- Media relations experience or knowledge a big, BIG plus
- Ability to use (or learn) a basic content management system (CMS) for posting content to
the website also a plus. We will teach anyone willing to learn
Requirements- Working with the PR team to research and devise strategies and tactics for reaching our
- Writing press releases or emails to reach target audiences
- Social Media outreach: Identify journalists and other media to follow and interact with,
create a relationship with, and pitch to when appropriate. Occasionally post information
about the company/new brand
- Social Media Monitoring: Monitor mentions of our company/new brand, it's executives, or
it's services and respond accordingly. Will use Hootsuite and other tools to monitor and
- Creating press kits and PR material for the website and/or email distribution
- Media relations
- PR pitches