PR and Communications AssistantBookmark This
DescriptionInboundify is a small, inbound marketing focused agency that provides online and offline marketing services infused with inbound marketing principals to small and mid-sized organizations.
Our agency is evolving and restructuring to expand services, work with larger clients, and add staff and is re-branding in the process. We need to seriously step up our PR efforts and media outreach to ensure a successful launch and solid foundation from which to build our PR efforts. We also plan to offer PR services to our clients and need to beef up our staff and capabilities in order to serve them at a high level of competency and professionalism.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who is knowledgeable in the area of PR/communications or journalism and also social media. However, we are mainly looking for someone who is passionate about learning, social media marketing and PR, and who can work within a team and a process. It is our goal for our interns to work with a PR team and PR manager to help research, devise, and implement PR and communications strategies.
Because our company is going through a rebrand and basically re-launching, our interns will have the opportunity to shape our new brand, our new PR and communications strategies, grow an awesome agency, and measure their success from the ground up. As the company grows, the internship could become a part time or full time position for the candidate- depending on his or her performance and the growth of the company.
- Working with the PR team to research and devise strategies and tactics for reaching our
- Writing press releases or emails to reach target audiences
- Social Media outreach: Identify journalists and other media to follow and interact with,
create a relationship with, and pitch to when appropriate. Occasionally post information
about the company/new brand
- Social Media Monitoring: Monitor mentions of our company/new brand, it's executives, or
it's services and respond accordingly. Will use Hootsuite and other tools to monitor and
- Creating press kits and PR material for the website and/or email distribution
- Media relations
- PR pitches
Requirements- Provide links to 1-3 social networking profiles to demonstrate interest and knowledge
- Possess skills in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and customer management
- PR pitching (traditional and online media) knowledge and passion a big plus
- Media relations experience or knowledge a big, BIG plus
- Ability to use (or learn) a basic content management system (CMS) for posting content to
the website also a plus. We will teach anyone willing to learn