PR and Communications InternBookmark This
AGE of Central Texas
3710 Cedar Street
DescriptionAGE of Central Texas offers unpaid internships to current students or recent graduates interested in learning the administration and management of a nonprofit organization. Interns will have hands-on training and mentoring and gain valuable work experience.
The PR and Communications Intern assists the development and PR staff with public relations and communications activities.
AGE of Central Texas is a regional nonprofit organization that provides education and support to people all along the spectrum of growing older, no matter where they are on that journey. Each year, AGE serves over 3,000 older adults and caregivers through its primary interrelated programs:
• adult day health care
• caregiver education and resources
• early memory loss support
• health equipment lending
• and peer-based computer classes for seniors.
• Selected by the Director of Development and Outreach, and responsible to the Development and PR Associate.
ResponsibilitiesThe Intern will assist with writing and submitting press releases, contacting press for media coverage on program activities, news, or events, and writing copy for advertising, social media, e-newsletters, blogs, and marketing materials. Other tasks as assigned.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office programs.
• Knowledge of communications strategies and techniques a plus.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment, including but not limited to computers, telephone systems, copiers, and facsimile machines.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Must be able to bend, lift, squat, and carry items weighing up to 30 lbs.
Characteristics Helpful to the Job:
• Detail-oriented and organized
• Able to work under deadline and multi-task
• Motivated and enthusiastic