PRODUCT QUALITY ASSURANCEBookmark This
8760 South Sandy Parkway
DescriptionHarman International Industries, Inc. is the worldwide leader in the manufacture of high-quality, high-fidelity audio and electronic products for automotive, consumer and professional use. It is the parent company behind an array of legendary brands that includes Harman Kardon®, JBL®, Mark Levinson® and Infinity®.The Company has developed, both internally and through a series of acquisitions, a range of product offerings. It operates in three segments: Automotive, Consumer and Professional. The Automotive segment designs, manufactures and markets audio, electronic and infotainment systems for vehicle applications primarily to be installed as original equipment by automotive manufacturers. The Consumer segment designs, manufactures and markets audio, video and electronic systems for home, mobile and multimedia applications. The Professional segment designs, manufactures and markets loudspeakers and electronic systems used by audio professionals in concert halls, stadiums, airports, houses of worship and theme attractions. For more than 50 years, our legendary brands have taken a leading role in the creation and innovation of progressive technologies, from the world's first car radio in 1948 to today's most revolutionary infotainment systems.
This part-time hourly position is responsible to execute and possibly develop software and hardware test plans in order to identify problems and their causes. Conduct compatibility tests with other software on various operating systems and hardware.
• Continually improving testing methods and test designs.
• Execute and or Create test-cases and scripts,
• Thoroughly document all test steps and problems
• Maintains test environments and installs and maintains multiple operating systems.
• Works closely with other engineers to implement the test plan
• Carry out system tests and document in test report and suggest optimizations
• Provide input regarding usability to Managers
• Works directly with other test team personnel locally and possibly overseas to complete required tasks within a specific schedule.
• Work with other available test resources (engineers, interns, customer service personnel, external beta testers etc) to complete specific project assignments.
• Ability to work well and communicate with others.
• Self initiative, leadership abilities, detail oriented, and a passion for quality
• Degree or actively pursuing a degree in electronics, software, Audio engineering, or related field, or equivalent experience.
• Background with guitar, music, and audio electronics is highly desirable.
• Working with different Operating Systems (Mac, iOS, Android, Windows)
• Display structured working approach and strong analytical skills
• Easily adapt to changing environment and requirements
• Fast execution of new requirements from SPBU R&D
• Strives to keep expertise up to date
• Ability to handle a variety of projects simultaneously.
• Ability to function in a team environment.
• Ability to work with design engineers and less technically skilled operators.
• Ability to effectively present information to management and employees of the company
• Willingness to work in an office in Sandy, Utah
• Willingness to submit to a background screen and a drug test