Paid Intern for Asia-related Luxury Lifestyle Social Networking StartupBookmark This
Privy Groupe Inc.
207 E. Franklin
El Segundo, CA
DescriptionWe are an exciting luxury lifestyle-oriented "travel 2.0" startup targeted at transpacific jetsetters between US and Asia. We are based in El Segundo, minutes away from the beach. It's a more hands-on situation than most internships that will quickly acclimate you to the web/social media industry, allow for a great deal of useful networking opportunities through the CEO's large rolodex, and develop high-demand skills that can be applied in more or less traditional settings in the future. In short, it'll be a fun and valuable experience to help launch your career in media/communications.
ResponsibilitiesNot your average coffee-fetching, copy-machine-wrestling internship. We are looking for a highly-driven, detail-oriented communications intern with some native skills related to writing, project management, data entry, and website testing. Must be able to think creatively and intuitively and adapt to writing for a luxury-lifestyle-consuming audience. The ability to write like Ian Fleming and knowledge of cities such as Seoul, Shanghai, or Tokyo a plus.
Depending on the individual's skills and interests, your duties will include the following:
- research and data entry
- update city guide listings
- writing newsletters
- conducting member interviews
- mining future-related content online
- project managing web development activities
- monitoring online discussions
- testing website/user interface
- duties as assigned
Requirements- must be able to work in our cheery warehouse office in El Segundo
- blackbelt in Microsoft Excel
- good writing skills
- organized and detail oriented
- strong knowledge of social networking sites
- self-motivated & driven team player
- ability to prioritize and multitask in a less-structured environment
- knowledge of cities in Asia