Gulfport Part Time ParamedicBookmark This
American Medical Response
Job Title: EMT-ParamedicLocation: Gulfport, MSReq #: 16549Reports To:Field SupervisorPosting End Date: Department:Operations Company: AMR-S FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The fundamental responsibility of the EMT-P is to conserve life, to alleviate suffering, to promote health, to do no harm and to encourage the quality and equal availability of emergency medical care. The EMT-P is qualified in advanced pre-hospital emergency care and services by a competency-based educational program of clinical, didactic, and practice. The standard of practice of the EMT-P shall be in accordance with the most current edition of the US DOT Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic: National Standard Curriculum, as modified by the MS SDOH DEMS and AMR.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities -
- Must be able to function as an ambulance driver and attendant.
- Conducts a careful examination of the patient for signs and symptoms of illness/injury and assists other medical personnel as necessary.
- Provides prompt and efficient care of the patient and stabilization of condition prior to transport.
- Provides careful handling of the patient in moving him to the ambulance vehicle.
- Provides safe and efficient transport of the patient while constantly monitoring the patient and providing any appropriate continuing care within the limits of license and certification.
- Provides orderly transfer of the patient to destination.
- Upon arrival at destination with patient, responsible for making ready all ALS equipment and supplies to place the unit back in service as soon as possible.
- When necessary, in the absence of other qualified rescuers and within limits of training, use procedures to gain access to and disentangle patients who require extrication.
- In the absence of other qualified personnel, controls the emergency scene, including parking the vehicle in such a way as to minimize further danger in the roadway as well as controlling the actions of bystanders.
- Obtains information regarding the emergency from dispatch, communicates other emergency services as needed during the call. In the absence of, or as directed by more qualified personnel, communicates with receiving hospitals regarding patient status. Must follow FCC with regard to communications by radio.
- Obtains and records information for the Company as well as those required by medical, legal, and health authorities. When functioning as the patient attendant, is responsible for completion and accuracy of the patient care report(s). Is also responsible for ensuring that all billable items are charged for.
- Attends mandatory ALS review meetings and other required meetings as directed.
- Depending upon whether he is functioning as a driver or attendant, will make daily checks of the vehicle equipment and systems, and completes manifest and other reports/forms as required of driver or attendant.
- Protects the public by not delegating to persons less qualified any service that requires the professional competence of an EMT.
- Refuses to participate in unethical procedures, and assumes the responsibility to expose incompetence or unethical conduct of others to the appropriate authority in a proper and professional manner.
Physical Requirements- (Field Employees Only)
- Must meet the physical requirements listed in the Core Job Functions and Qualification Standards for Field Operations Personnel as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures manual.
- Must meet the core job functions and job qualification standards for field operations personnel as described in the Standard Operating Procedure manual.