Part Time Sanitation/ Housekeeping Team Member (62205)Bookmark This
Whole Foods Market
Los Altos, CA
As a Sanitation Team Member you will be responsible for maintaining cleanliness and order on the sales floor and parking lot areas to ensure a clean and safe environment for both Team Members and Guests. This position will perform various daily/weekly cleaning tasks, minor repairs and projects.
- Maintain the cleanliness and safety of the sales floor and the customer and Team Member bathrooms.
- Sweep, pick up debris, and clean spills throughout the sales floor.
- Regularly check the trash receptacles on the sales floor and empty as necessary.
- Clean windows and mirrored surfaces and polish the stainless steel on the sales floor.
- Dust fixtures, shelves, and product, including high dusting.
- Clean, dust, and empty trash in back offices.
- Assist in keeping sample areas full, clean, and appealing.
- Clear and clean tables in the caf areas throughout the day and bring dishes/ cutlery to dishwashing area.
- Collect, consolidate, and separate recycling into proper receptacles.
- Maintain accurate sweep logs.
- Follow and comply with all applicable health and sanitation procedures and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize and maintain all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Experience cleaning in the grocery/ food industry.
- Knowledge and experience performing basic maintenance.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- Good interpersonal skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
- Use of box cutters.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
Number of Openings: 4.00
Benefits Category: 1
Close Date: 03/31/2014