Part Time Traveling Orthodontic AssistantBookmark This
Pacific Dental Services
POSITION: Orthodontic Dental Assistant
Are you looking to join a stable company that is experiencing a tremendous amount of growth, values your contribution, and provides you with a career rather than just a job?
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Perform functions in accordance with the applicable state’s Dental Auxiliaries Table of Permitted Duties.
• Arrive prior to the first scheduled patient to prepare for the day and be a part of the morning huddle according to the office schedule.
• Actively participate in the Perfect Patient Experience by striving to keep your patients focused on optimal treatment while attending to their individual concerns and promoting the good qualities of your doctor.
• Work with the front office and back office teams to ensure the Orthodontist’s schedule runs smoothly and efficiently.
• Maintain a clean, sterile environment. Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment and clean each operatory in accordance with the American Dental Association guidelines.
• Obtain dental history and/or records from patient (review patient health history and care slips). Ensure that the health history is updated for all returning patients.
• At the direction of the Dentist, complete x-rays and intra-oral pictures of patients as appropriate and instruct patients on postoperative and general oral health care.
• Prepare tray setups for dental procedures and maintain adequate supply levels in each operatory, replenishing as needed.
• Record patient charting and all doctor notes in the digital patient chart as directed by the doctor.
• Work closely with the GP lead assistant to ensure an appropriate and adequate clinical supply and that equipment is well maintained in each dental practice.
• Prepare materials for making impressions and restorations.
• Maintain strict compliance with State, Federal, and other regulations, (e.g., OSHA, WC, Dental Board, HIPAA, ADA, DOL, HR policies and practices).
WHAT WE SEEKOur ideal candidates possess the following qualifications: • Equivalent to high school diploma or general education degree (GED), and specified training courses as mandated by state for certification, licensure, or registration, Or • Associate degree or one-year certificate from an accredited college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certificates/Licenses/Registrations: As mandated by applicable state (e.g. Basic CPR, coronal polish, radiograph exposure, ultrasonic scaling for orthodontic procedures, pit and fissure sealant application, etc).
WHAT WE OFFERYour commitment to Pacific Dental Services® is the key to our success. In turn, we’ll reward you with a benefits package that shows we care about you, your family and your future. We encourage team members to develop their distinctive talents and strengths—and embrace an entrepreneurial spirit that rewards individual achievement. wwwpacdencom