Part-Time Chemist - FloridaBookmark This
The Environmental Quality Company
The Chemist will travel to customer sites to segregate, organize chemicals according to DOT and RCRA regulations.
- Travel to customer sites to segregate, organize chemicals according to DOT and RCRA regulations, usually at HHW collection sites.
- Must pack, label, and manifest properly for shipping to appropriate disposal facility.
- Must be able to lead projects at customer sites.
- Identify, segregate and pack household chemicals at county HHW collection sites.
- Must be able to manage employees at HHW and customer sites.
- Identify chemical compatibility
- Properly label and manifest waste containers
- Familiar with DOT regulations, i.e., shipping names, hazard classes, OSHA safety regulations, RCRA, TSCA, AND CERCLA regulations.
- Must be able to interact and assist customer on site
Comply with all EQ Management System policies and procedures.
- BS Degree in Chemistry or science-related degree
- Must be able to lead routine projects at customer sites
- Knowledge of outbound receiving hazardous non-hazardous waste.
- Capable of repackaging of waste destined for disposal at alternative facilities.
- Must be knowledgeable and capable of responding to emergency situations.
Performance of other duties and responsibilities as required by management