Part-Time Meat and Seafood Service Team Member 1 1 (63768)Bookmark This
Whole Foods Market
Mill Valley, CA
As a member of our Meat and Seafood Team, your role will include setting and maintaining attractive displays and supporting the regional Meat and Seafood vision. You will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient customer service to customers and team members.
- Give every customer immediate and undivided attention. Surprise and delight the customers with consistent, delicious food.
- Ensure a fresh and appealing display by keeping cases and displays clean and well stocked, while continuously checking and ensuring freshness and quality of products.
- Prepare, package, weigh, and price meat and seafood department products for sale.
- Prepare specialty merchandise and cut sub primal meat cuts (for example: sausage, ready to cook products, and cured meats). Trim and bone fish and crack shellfish.
- Maintain accurate department signage and pricing.
- Follow department procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, and stocking product.
- Assist with sampling program by keeping sample areas full, clean, and appealing and by sampling products directly to customers.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Previous meat/ seafood retail and/or customer service experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team; ability to communicate effectively with customers.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- Ability to sell proactively.
- Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in the department and basic meat cooking procedures.
- Willingness to taste and evaluate all products offered in department.
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
- Effective time management skills.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Proper handling of knives and other cutting equipment.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
Number of Openings: 1
Benefits Category: 1
Close Date: 3/10/14