Partnership Program, Internship (47689)Bookmark This
Whole Foods Market
Whole Foods Market is looking for 5 students to join our partnership program in the following stores:
- Bethesda, MD
- Friendship Heights, MD
- Kentlands, MD
- Rockville, MD
- Silver Spring, MD
- DC, Foggy Bottom
- DC, Georgetown
- DC, P Street
- DC, Tenley
- VA, Old Town
- VA, Arlington
- VA, Fair Lakes
- VA, Tysons
- VA, Reston
- VA, Springfield
- VA, Vienna
About Whole Foods Market:
Who are we? We seek out the finest natural and organic foods available, maintain the strictest quality standards in the industry, and have an unshakeable commitment to sustainable agriculture. Add to that the excitement and fun we bring to shopping for groceries, and you start to get a sense of what were all about. Oh yeah, were a mission-driven company too.
Some of the best things about working at Whole Foods Market are an open and empowering work environment, work-life balance, paid training, and our great company culture. Team member benefits include health insurance, paid time off, retirement savings and our generous store discount.
As a result of our culture, opportunities, and benefits, our team members have chosen us as one of FORTUNE magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work For" not once, not twice, but every year for the last 16 years.
Follow this link to watch a video about our benefits: http://youtu.be/s9lIEQyDfAQ
About the Partnership Program:
Start your career in leadership today. Whole Foods Market has partnered with your University or Culinary Program to offer leadership training development.
This 1000 hour training and development program provides students with hands-on retail training with one of the worlds top grocery retailers. Partnership graduates will move directly into Team leadership positions throughout our Mid-Atlantic Region. As Whole Foods Market grows, we want people to join us who are mission driven and passionate about great tasting healthy food.
Learn more about our mission and culture here: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/careers/our-mission-and-culture.
Are you looking for a way to get into leadership?Do you shop at Whole Foods Market and just love the team members you interact with during your visit? Are you excited by work that is connected to a deeper mission? Do you dream up dinner menus in your sleep? If so, Whole Foods might be the place for you!
- You must be a Full-time Junior/Senior at a university or graduate of a bachelors program; OR a Full-time student or graduate of a culinary program.
- You must be able to commit to complete 180 hours of Team Orientation as well as 1000 hours of hands-on training.
- If you are in school, you must be able to balance work and school and commit to a pre-determined amount of hours/week.
- Let your internal foodie shine! We want you to love our food as much as we do, so a passion and knowledge of natural foods is desired.
- Excellent customer service is a keystone for our success; so you must have the ability effectively communicate, build relationships, and delight and satisfy customers!
- Our retail environment is not your typical 9-5, and thats a good thing! But because of this, wed like you to be available to work a flexible schedule to meet store schedule needs.
- Last but not least, our team members work closely with one another in their individual teams, and throughout the store; so we want people who are team players who can be held accountable to be punctual, respectful, and motivated to complete tasks and duties within their role requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)