Retail Parts ConsultantBookmark This
Penske Motor Group
San Rafael, CA
Really, the grass can be greener! Tired of working for minimal commissions or at a minor retail store? Realize that tech sales can sound better in theory than in reality? Our success is your opportunity. Come join one ofthe largest volume luxury auto retailer in Northern California. We always win, and are looking for some more winners to help fuel our continued growth.
Summary: TheRetail Parts Consultant is responsible for selling parts to all retail guests over the counter, through the Internet and/ or on the phone .
Essential Duties include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Assists walk-in guests in selecting needed parts, suggesting companion requirements, and ensuring guest is exposed to the full product line.
- Answers phone calls, internet request and provides price quotes, and other information as requested.
- Requests special order parts solicited by guest and notifies when they have arrived.
- Pulls purchased parts from stock and follows-up with back ordered parts.
- Receives cash, checks, and credit card payments from retail guests.
- Sets up orders for daily shipment, delivery, or pick-up.
- Verifies "will call" and "back-order" files.
- Returns to vendor(s) or stock those items no longer required.
- Replenishes assigned inventory and n otifies management of out-of-stock parts or shop materials that need immediate attention.
- Cleans, revises, and updates parts displays as directed.
- Assists the Back Counter, as needed.
- Provides high level of service to internal and external guests.
- Achieves monthly sales objectives set by management.
- Performs other specific administrative functions as directed by management.
- Keeps current on new products and product updates.
- Assist in all other areas of the parts department when needed.
- Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
- Maintains high ethical standards in all actions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The individual should possess:
- A high school diploma or equivalent;
- A minimum of one (1) year of automotive parts sales experience, preferably in an automotive dealership;
- Knowledge of automotive parts; basic mathematical principles (adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, and percentages) and application;
- Ability to pay attention to detail; follow-up with internal and external guests; read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; read and comprehends instructions and information in the English language; work well with the public; communicate in a professional manner on the phone, Internet and in person; and use standard office equipment.
Training and Advancement Opportunities
Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
401K with Company Match
Employee Referral Bonus Program
Company and Corporate Partner Discounts
Employee Assistance Program
Wellness Program Wellness Coach
Fitness Center Programs
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/penskemotorgroupcareers
Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/penskemotorgrp