Part-time Retail Office Assistant - Stamford, CTBookmark This
Bob's Discount Furniture
The primary function of an Office Assistant is to assist the Office Manager, Sales Managers and Sales Associates in the sales process. To act as a cashier, customer service representative and clerical support in the Retail office. Always treat customers in a cordial, respectful manner, with orders being processed accurately and efficiently.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Enter customer orders into system accurately and completely
- Process payment to proper accounts.
- Answer incoming calls and respond to customer queries in a timely and courteous manner
- Schedule deliveries that are convenient for the customer's and comply to company procedures
- Maintain all open orders and courteously communicate status with customers
- Responsible for security of cash and other legal tender. Prepare daily deposits in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Work daily reports according to Company requirements, which include but may not be limited to:
- Sales order type reports
- Fiduciary reports
- Inventory flow reports
- Sales associate type reports
- Assist Office Manager when needed
- Assist with café, showroom displays, tagging, and other tasks as needed to help maintain a customer friendly showroom in keeping with the standards of Bob's Discount Furniture
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Solid computer knowledge and competence
- Excellent phone manner
- Strong bookkeeping skills
- Excellent verbal and listening skills
- Strong interpersonal and human relations skills
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to use sound judgment and decision making
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
- Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing
- Excellent mathematical reasoning
- Ability to express thoughts using grammatically correct sentence structure in either verbal or written forms
- Good reading comprehension skills -- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Good coordination skills -- Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions
- Report to: Office Manager
- Retail experience
- High School diploma
- Proven math skills
It is policy of Bob's Discount Furniture, Inc., to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment. No person shall be discriminated against or harassed because of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, handicap, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status, or any other protected status in accordance with federal and state law.
Americans Disability act (ADA) Job Description
- Standing or walking 5%
- Desk or phone work 50%
- Keying 45%