Patient Care Assistant II - FT DaysBookmark This
23900 Katy Fwy
DescriptionServing the Katy area for more than 30 years, Memorial Hermann Katy Hospital is known for providing world-class clinical expertise, patient-centered care and leading-edge technology close to home. Nationally recognized for patient safety and quality, Memorial Hermann Katy features a 142-bed facility and a medical staff with disciplines spanning 38 specialties.
We seek a Certified Nurse Assistant/Patient Care Assistant for Postpartum, Days. Must have strong PC skills, excellent communication and customer service skills and a minimum of 1 year experience in an acute care (hospital) setting. Hours: 7 a to 7 p, rotating weekends.
BASIC FUNCTION: Position responsible for performing advanced indirect and selected direct patient care duties in support of the nursing process in a competent manner under the direction of an RN or LVN and for performing related clerical functions; responsible for performing Unit Clerk and phlebotomy duties as well as for serving as preceptor and resource to staff.
Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient served. Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development as it relates to the different life cycles.
1. Certified as a Nursing Assistant by the Texas Department of Health OR at least 5 years work experience in an acute care hospital as a Nursing Assistant.
2. Ability to understand written instructions and perform basic mathematical calculations; demonstrates skills for assigned specialty area/function or assigned procedures.
3. Demonstrated ability to perform duties with increased responsibilities.
4. Ability to perform duties requiring prolonged standing, walking, stooping, bending, and lifting.
5. Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health" through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.