Patient Care Tech - PCA/Unit Clerk, FT Nights SICUBookmark This
18951 Memorial North
DescriptionCertified Nursing Assistant with experience as a PCA and Unit Secretary Required.
BASIC FUNCTION: Position responsible for performing direct and indirect patient care as outlined in the Skills Inventory, under the direct or indirect supervision of a Registered Nurse.
Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient served. Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development as it relates to the different life cycles.
1. Two years clinical experience in a designated specialty area or graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant or Emergency Medical Technician (Intermediate level) program with at least 160 hours of extern clinical experience in a designated specialty area.
2. Ability to understand written instructions and perform basic mathematical calculations; demonstrates skills for assigned specialty area/function or assigned procedures.
3. Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health" through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
1. Performs advanced direct and indirect patient care, under the direction of an RN, as specified in the skills inventory, in a competent manner, according to the needs/age of the patient/population served; assists in planning and implementing direct patient care; documents care provided in patient medical record in accordance with hospital policies/procedures.
2. Assists personnel in meeting patient/family learning needs; maintains communication with physicians and healthcare team members to ensure quality of care.
3. Enters physician orders via computer and coordinates schedules of diagnostic testing; assists patients with written teaching protocols; performs assigned treatments as directed; prepares patients for meals and feeds them; performs/assists with baths; maintains patient rooms in orderly fashion; serves as Unit Clerk and/or monitors patients as assigned.
4. Ensures safe care to patients adhering to policies, procedures, and standards, within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, productivity, and accuracy of practice.
5. Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.