Patient Care Technician InstructorBookmark This
Kaplan Higher Education Campus
DescriptionPosition yourself at the forefront of the education revolution.
* Are you interested in helping to make a long-term impact on the future of students and their families?
* Are you an individual who embraces taking on significant ownership and responsibility from the day you begin a new job?
* Are you looking for a role where the demands are high but so is the job satisfaction?
If you answered Yes! to the above, then Kaplan Higher Education Campuses is the place for you.
Texas School of Business- North Campus in Houston is looking for a part-time Patient Care Technician Instructor to join our team. As an Instructor, you will provide your students with the skills and knowledge necessary to obtain entry-level employment in their field of study. In our collaborative environment, you will prepare students with the knowledge, skills, and work habits for a successful career. You will work in a modern facility that includes spacious classrooms, student and staff lounges, business offices, a reception area and a reference library.
* Present facilitative, well prepared, organized, and clear lectures and classroom activities consistent with the course syllabus and school policies.
* Continually promote students' development and effective use of skills in areas such as critical and analytical thinking, evaluation, communication, professionalism, customer service, computation, problem solving, and decision-making.
* Provide the student with timely information and feedback on his/her academic progress relative to quizzes, tests, homework and projects.
* Maintain accurate, up-to-date records of student academic and attendance performance.
* Possess a thorough knowledge and understanding of all school policies, and actively participate in their implementation and enforcement.
* Follow all retention policies of the school to ensure students are in attendance.
* Licensed (LVN) Nurse in the state of Texas
* Minimum of (2) nursing experience and (1) of nursing experience in a long-term care facility
* Prefers teaching experience or related field experience
* Must be proficient with the use of computers to enter grades and attendance electronically
* Must be able to develop and maintain excellent relationships with a diverse staff and student population
* Ability to manage key metrics
* Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
* Consistently demonstrate the highest levels of integrity