Peer Support Specialist (Part-Time, NOC) - Portland, OregonBookmark This
Telecare Multnomah County Crisis Assessment Treatment Center, a 16 bed secure residential treatment facility, serves adults with a severe mental illness specializing in peer support and crisis stabilization. The length of stay is less than 6 days.
The Peer Support Specialist is a treatment team member who is responsible for peer support, acts as role model, offers consumer assertiveness and advocacy training and provides both direct and indirect support services to clients.
- High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
- Completion of an AMH approved training program required; training will be provided
- Self-identified person currently or formerly receiving mental health services or in recovery from a substance abuse disorder, who meets abstinence requirements for recovering staff in alcohol and other drug treatment programs; or a family member of an individual who is a current or former recipient of addictions or mental health services
- CPR certification and negative TB screen are required
- Applicant must be fingerprinted and receive clearance from the Department of Justice