Performance Analyst EngineerBookmark This
Computer scientist in the Healthcare Research organization working on a state of the art clinical language understanding system for CAC (computer assisted coding). Major duty is to help improve existing baseline system using additional customer data, and possibly automate some of this process.
- Major responsibility is system performance analysis and improvement on newly acquired data. .
- The current system is a combination of statistical and rule-based systems. System level error analysis would need to be performed first.
- Based on the error analysis the rule based system would need to be tuned, altering existing rules or adding new ones.
- In addition some performance feedback to the statistical component would be necessary.
- At the end of the tuning cycle system validation on held out data would be performed.
- There is opportunity to create a streamlined process, including writing of new tools for automating some of the tuning tasks.
- The main focus of the work is to use data driven approaches to performance analysis and improvements.
Number of Years of Work Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years experience (including graduate school) with performance analysis and system improvement
- Experience in at least one of these areas is required: speech recognition, machine translation, text processing, data mining, NLP, information extraction
- Organized, self-motivated, disciplined and detail oriented
- Software development experience in JAVA is required
- Programming experience in either Python or PERL is required
- Bash/Unix scripting skills are required
- Working with large data sets, running experiments and detailed error analysis experience is a definite PLUS
- Experience working with rules engines or semantic web, such as OWL Protégé, Pellet, SPARQL, RDF, etc. is a definite PLUS
- Experience in using Ontologies or any other knowledge base is a definite PLUS
- Experience in medical text analytics and/or clinical information retrieval is a definite PLUS
- Experience working with UMLS components (MeSH, Specialist etc) and/or SNOMED is a definite PLUS
- Experience with UIMA is desirable
- Experience in machine learning is desirable
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Electrical Engineering or equivalent. B.S. in these disciplines and 5+ years of relevant experience would also be acceptable.
We offer a competitive compensation package; including stock options, employee stock purchase plan, 401(k), full health and welfare benefits and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our fast growing track of continuing success. Nuance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Overview:
Nuance Healthcare, a division of Nuance Communications, is the market leader in providing clinical understanding solutions that accurately capture and transform the patient story into meaningful, actionable information. Thousands of hospitals, providers and payers worldwide trust Nuance speech-enabled clinical documentation and analytics solutions to facilitate smarter, more efficient decisions across the healthcare enterprise. Nuance Healthcare has been recognized as “Best-in-KLAS” 2004-2011 for Speech Recognition.