Performance Improvement Work Flow Analyst, RCSBookmark This
St. Joseph's Health
3345 Michelson Dr
DescriptionSt. Joseph Health (SJH) is an integrated healthcare delivery system sponsored by the St. Joseph Health Ministry and organized into three regions: Northern California, Southern California, West Texas/Eastern New Mexico.SJH provides a full range of care from facilities including 14 acute care hospitals, home health agencies, hospice care, outpatient services, skilled nursing facilities, community clinics, and physician organizations. SJH maintains a 'continuum of care,' matched to the diverse needs of the urban centers, smaller cities and rural communities in three states. For the third year in a row in 2009, the Gallup Organization awarded St. Joseph Health its highest honor - the Great Workplace Award. SJH provides exceptional benefits, opportunities for advancement and relocation within the system.St. Joseph Health is comprised of four core values: Service, Excellence, Dignity, and Justice are the guiding principles of all we do.Excellent compensation program and benefits provided. SJH is an EEO/AA Employer.
St. Joseph Health is looking for a Performance Work Flow Analystto support the Revenue Cycle Services department. Under the direction of the Revenue Cycle Performance Improvement Manager, the Performance Improvement Work Flow Analyst is responsible for providing revenue cycle process optimization (patient access, charge integrity, patient financial services) and analytical support for performance improvement initiatives. Additionally, this individual will work in conjunction with the Co-Op and ministry leadership to analyze inefficient business work flow processes, and design and help implement improved, streamlined processes for more efficient business operations. The Performance Improvement Work Flow Analyst will support the Performance Improvement Manager in monitoring revenue cycle metrics and operations, coordinating and implementing system wide revenue cycle initiatives, and mitigating revenue cycle issues. This individual will also work closely with the Training Director and training staff to incorporate improvements to revenue cycle business processes into the training material for delivery. Finally, the Performance Improvement Work Flow Analyst will identify, problem-solve, or escalate potential risks or issues to ongoing revenue cycle strategy development. Minimum Position QualificationsEducation:Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required. Experience:
- 1-2 years consulting experience or3-5 years of progressive management experience in hospital and/or ambulatory revenue cycle operations, preferably with responsibilities that span multiple entities.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in group settings with various stakeholders, including executive leadership and clinicians.
- Master's Degree in related field
- 1-2 years of statistical analysis experience.
- 2-3 years of project management experience.
- 1-2 years of experience with quality improvement, LEAN, Six Sigma and/or other improvement methodologies
- Comprehensive understanding of operations and leading practices across the revenue cycle continuum: patient access (e.g., scheduling and pre-registration, financial clearance, financial counseling, arrival and registration, denial prevention), charge integrity (e.g., pricing, charge capture, HIM and clinical documentation, coding, third-party reimbursement), and patient financial services (e.g., managed care contracting, claims processing, account resolution, denial management, payment posting).
- Exceptional organizational skills, with the demonstrated ability to drive large workstreams to in a complex, consensus-oriented environment.
- Strong knowledge of business analytical practices and methodologies.
- Knowledge of process improvement methodologies (i.e., Lean, Six Sigma).
- Self-directed and motivated with strong analytical skills, systematic and orderly planning abilities, and high attention to details.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to create and conduct presentations effectively.
- Ability to work effectively and interact with all levels of management including executive leadership.
- Ability to establish and manage complex and effective relationships.
- Provide Revenue Cycle Optimization process improvement and analytical support for performance improvement initiatives.
- Consistently analyze current revenue cycle business work flow processes to identify inefficiencies, and design and implement methodologies for improved and streamlined processes.
- Support Performance Improvement Manager to monitor revenue cycle operations and service level agreement compliance by measuring system performance metrics against agreements and associated benchmarks.
- Coordinate with Co-Op project managers to drive system level performance improvement initiatives.
- Act as a primary system level resource for performance improvement inquiries by Co-Op Project Management and Quality staff.
- Identify revenue cycle related issues and facilitate discussion and resolution processes for system wide issues.
- Liaise with Revenue Cycle system analysts and system vendors to ensure up to date account workflows.
- Complete KPI research and root cause analysis and deliver findings to the Revenue Cycle Executive Director Cloud and other Revenue Cycle leadership.
- Establish and drive operational improvements to SJHS revenue cycle processes that lead to favorable financial results and operational efficiencies.
- Coordinate with Co-Op support resources to implement performance improvement initiatives as well as track initiative compliance and success.
- Coordinate training staff on incorporated process improvement strategies into training material for delivery.
- Integral to enterprise wide project planning, due diligence efforts and strategy planning.
- Keep up to date on healthcare provider performance improvement trends and associated SJHS opportunities.
- Employ SJHS Way tools, directives, and philosophy to facilitate ongoing performance optimization.
- Establish processes and create effective management tools to help guide management efforts and achieve desired outcomes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.