Personal Service Coordinator I (Part-Time 3 Days/Week, 8:30 AM - 5 PM) - Oakland, CaliforniaBookmark This
Part of the Telecare family, STRIDES (Steps Toward Recovery, Independence, Dignity, Empowerment and Success) of Alameda County is an intensive community support service (ACT Recovery Model) for individuals with severe mental illness, many of whom would otherwise require extended care in institutional settings. Staff provides services to members in a variety of environments -- in a support center, in the member's home, or in the community.
The Personal Service Coordinator I/Peer Counselor develops and offers peer support services, acts as role model, offers consumer assertiveness and advocacy training to persons being served; and also provides direct and indirect support services to clients.
***This position will most likely work between Sun-Sat and On Call coverage will also be needed***
- Must have strong knowledge of mental health system.
- High school degree or equivalent required and knowledge of process of mental illness.
- Must have the knowledge and ability to use public transportation, public assistance programs, and community resources.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Applicant must be fingerprinted, sign under penalty of perjury that there has been no conviction of crimes, other than minor traffic offenses and receive Department of Justice clearance.
- A valid CPR and First Aid certificate is required as are a valid California Driver's License, vehicle approved for safety and a DMV clearance for insurability are required.