Pharmacy Intern Program CoordinatorBookmark This
South Plainfield, NJ
DescriptionJob Category:Human Resources, Administrative Assistant
Clinical Licensure Required :N/A
Job Type:Full Time Position Summary:
The Intern Program Coordinator is charged with assisting with the implementation, development and execution of national and area pharmacy intern strategy initiatives. The role focuses on the recruitment, development and retention of undergraduate pharmacy students. IPC will be responsible for Region 9 (Central- Northern NJ) and Region 12 (NY Metro) and 4 Colleges of Pharmacy within the given geography (1 in NJ and 3 in NY)
Intern Recruitment and Retention
- In conjunction with Manager, Professional and College Relations (MPCR), work with area Colleges of Pharmacy for the recruiting of undergraduate pharmacy students into intern positions with CVS
- Campus activities are “owned” by the MPCR and will be coordinated with the Intern Program Coordinators
- Act as an additional liaison with the Colleges of Pharmacy
- Coordinate hiring activities and placement of undergraduate interns with RxSups and appointed Preceptors.
- Review applicants daily from web hits and pre-screen with phone and live interviews. Only qualified candidates are forwarded for RxSup interview for hiring decision.
- Assist with development of intern training and development materials in coordination with the Rx Ops and HR/Training teams
- Maintain undergraduate intern information, reports and files within StarSource.
- Coordinate the evaluation process to ensure Undergrad Intern receives an annual review along with quarterly feedback discussions with preceptors.
- Oversee intern training programs and ensure their completion
- Coordinate intern program initiatives in partnership with MPCRs across country and Field.
- Ensure training and development of all Pharmacy Interns throughout the academic year and summer months is vital in assessing the talent of intern pipeline and commitment level to organization and intern program
- Assist and facilitate the placement of all pharmacy interns in and outside of Area 2 throughout the academic year.
- Assist with transition of CVS Undergrad Interns to Graduate Interns
- Organize, assist and facilitate the interviewing of all graduating pharmacy interns within the region for potential candidates to receive employment offers.
- Schedule interviews for all interns who have successfully entered their fifth year of pharmacy school prior to them entering into their sixth year and experiential education rotations.
- Support the RM, HRBP, RxSup and DM in determining candidate selection within regional grad goals / staffing and development plans per year and support the MPCR goal of relocatable interns to support company-hiring needs.
- Help organize and schedule the training and development program for all graduating pharmacy interns within the regions.
- Ensure licensure expectations are adhered to with all graduating pharmacy interns and report all updates to the MPCR.
- Assist with the MPCR and Rx Supervisors in developing the skills of pharmacy preceptors
- Mentoring skills
- Evaluating/Performance feedback skills
- Teaching skills
- Coordinate preceptor recognition
- Maintain quality control of sites to ensure positive learning experiences for Undergrad Interns
Experiential Programs (applies to all schools in operating area as well as out of market requests)
- In conjunction with MPCR and Rx Supervisors, coordinate selection of sites including those for early experiential programs (IPPE), and advanced clinical experiences (APPE)
- Assist with preceptor development for experiential sites as outlined above
- Coordinate compliance training for all students participating in a CVS sponsored pharmacy practice rotation
- Monitor students in program for compliance of training
- Manually add rotation student details to grant access to Contingent worker modules and acknowledgments prior to rotations
- Ensure quality of the site and experiences
- Act as liaison (with MPCR) for this program to the respective Colleges of Pharmacy)
Field Management Relations
- An IPC supports a regional field management team along with the MPCR office with consistent, clear and effective communication on all initiatives regarding the Pharmacy Intern Program.
- Report and update all Pharmacy Intern communications through StarSource
- Manage, review and update all regional RVC and ICH budgets (non-operational payroll codes) for the field management teams.
- Communicate to region the expectations regarding the Pharmacy Intern Program to all team members within the region.
- Attend region meetings and present updates on a monthly basis on all IPC/MPCR objectives and initiatives to ensure that all teams are aligned and are clear on expectations from the program.
- Conduct conference calls with teams when necessary to ensure the roll out and execution of programs are effective and understood on all levels.
- Attend multi-district team leader meetings to support RxSup and DM role and communicate any updates within the Intern Program.
- Communicate on a weekly or bi-weekly basis with MPCR office on all regional updates.
- Travel on a quarterly basis with select RxSup to designated preceptor sites to ensure support of preceptors and program initiatives.
- Other functions as assigned by the VP, Pharmacy Professional Services, Director, Pharmacy Recruiting Required Qualifications:
Knowledge of pharmacy profession Recruiting experience Project management skills Public speaking/presentation experience Management & leadership experience Microsoft office skills (power point, excel, word, outlook) Database management knowledge Multi-tasking, time management and organizational skills Preferred Qualifications:
- Pharmacy Operations background Education:
Verifiable High School diploma or GED is required. Business Overview:
CVS Caremark, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units - MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.