Pharmacy Technician I Outpatient Pharmacy AFSCME (40 hrs Days\Evenings)Bookmark This
Boston Medical Center
DescriptionDescription The Pharmacy Technician I is responsible for providing pharmacy services which include, but are not limited to preparing and distributing pharmaceuticals, performing inventory control and compliance audits, providing customer service, and maintaining pharmacy records. The Pharmacy Technician I works under the direct supervision of the Pharmacists, and/or the Pharmacy Technician Supervisor to ensure delivery of high quality patient focused pharmacy service. The Pharmacy Technician I is an entry-level position and duties are designed to develop knowledge base and competency level while performing pharmacy functions in the Central Pharmacy, OR areas, and IV rooms. This person must be self-motivating, have a strong work ethic, must support a healthy work environment through his or her actions, and must utilize the hospital's Values as the basis for decision making and to facilitate the department's hospital mission. Qualifications
- Requires a high school diploma or State accepted equivalency (GED).
- Must be registered as a Pharmacy Technician with the Massachusetts Board of Pharmacy.
- No experience required; at least 6 months to a year experience is preferred.
- Work requires effective interpersonal skills to interact appropriately with hospital staff, patients, families/visitors, physicians, colleagues, and others.
- Ability to speak the English language, read, interpret and follow complicated verbal and written instruction with precision, accuracy and dependability.
- Additional language skills (beyond that of English) appropriate to the patient population served is very helpful.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize essential tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong math skills required; ability to perform work accurately and pay attention to details, including being able to perform general mathematical functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, ratios proportions).
- Basic computer proficiency inclusive of ability to access, enter, and interpret computerized data/information.
- Must maintain the required level of competency to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.