Philanthropy InternBookmark This
475 Riverside Drive
New York, NY
The development team builds support from individuals, foundations and corporate donors to generate revenue streams and fund our mission.
• Conduct prospecting and research of individuals and foundations to help expand donor base
• Assist in project development and grant writing
• Help to execute direct mail, online and event-driven campaigns to reach out to current and prospective donors
• Contribute to the development of outreach materials
• Provide support in event planning
• Potential course credit for internship
• Compensation of $20.00 per day for lunch and metro card.
• Opportunity to complete internship credits and/or service requirements for undergraduate or graduate classes
• Opportunity to participate in staff meetings, team meetings and fundraising events
• Hands-on experience with gift acknowledgment process and donor cultivation
• This internship requires a minimum 3-month commitment and availability to work a minimum of 20 hours per week. Work will be based out of New York City.
• Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and activities effectively
• Excellent researching, writing, and interpersonal skills
• Proficient in the use of databases, and Microsoft Office MAC (Word, Excel PowerPoint); knowledge of Photoshop a plus
• Dedication to our mission – To use electronic media to enrich spiritual life and build bridges of understanding among people of faith
• An interest in media is desired but not required