The phlebotomist will be required to:
- Greet customers appropriately
- Collect specimens according to established procedures, and ensure that all field phlebotomy/PSC specimens are collected accurately and on time
- Research test/client information utilizing lab computer system or directory of service
- Calling clients to confirm handwritten orders, verify tests ordered, and obtain accurate billing information (Diagnosis codes, UPIN information)
- Label, centrifuge, split, and freeze specimens as requested by test order
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Aerotek, headquartered in Hanover, Md., is a leading provider of technical, professional and industrial staffing services. Established in 1983, Aerotek is an operating company of Allegis Group, the largest provider of staffing services in the U.S. Aerotek operates a network of more than 200 non-franchised offices throughout the U.S., Canada and Europe. For more information, visit Aerotek.com.