Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA)Bookmark This
The MENTOR Network
Posted: October 10 2013
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionPhysical Therapy Assistant (PTA)-1300031I Job Clinical Primary Location United States-MD-MDBeltsville Organization NeuroRestorative NeuroRestorative Maryland offers Supported Living and Supported Transitional Services as well as an off-site structured day program for individuals with brain injury and other neurological challenges. Located in the dynamic community of Bowie in Prince Georges County, NeuroRestorative Maryland offers many opportunities for community integration including vocational and recreational activities as well as transitional programs.
NeuroRestorative Maryland is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local health and human services providers offering quality, community-based services to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families. With opportunities from coast to coast, when you join NeuorRestorative Maryland and The MENTOR Network, you'll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.Description
Every person needs the support of others, but we look for very special people to support individuals with disabilities; children with emotional, behavioral or medical complexities; children and adults with brain injury. As a PhysicalTherapy Assistantwith NeuroRestorative you'll be one of those special people.
For NeuroRestorative and The MENTOR Network the Physical Therapy Assistant is critical to our success and exemplifies the wonderful mission driven work we do here every day.
NeuroRestorative is seeking a PhysicalTherapy Assistantto administer physical therapy treatment to program participants according to the program plan devised by a licensed physical therapist at ABI Programs.
Essential Job Functions
- Assures all program participants receive scheduled PT treatments and documents therapy session or reason for inability to attend
- Performs active, passive and/or resistive therapeutic exercises, general therapy principles on program participants
- Performs therapeutic massage on program participants as needed
- Performs general mobilization and/or passive stretch to program participants, within LIMITS OF SAFETY regarding joint/muscle stretch
- Instructs, motivates and assists program participants in learning and improving functional activities: (e.g., bed mobility, positioning, transfers, W/C manipulation and mobility, self-exercise and home exercise programs, equipment use and maintenance
- Provides gait training and instructs program participants in the use of canes, crutches, walkers, braces and splints. Trains program participants at homebound and community level, including endurance training
- Measures ROM, length and girth of body parts, vital signs, and MMT (manual muscle tests) to assist RPT in evaluating program participant and/or to determine effectiveness of program plan
- Demonstrates knowledge of indications and contra-indications of physical therapy modalities and techniques
- Has a good working knowledge of physical therapy equipment and therapeutic exercise treatments
- Confers with staff members and other health care members to exchange, discuss and evaluate program participant information for modifying and coordinating current treatment program and participate in treatment planning with trans-disciplinary team as requested
- Adheres to ethics of confidentiality
- Takes inventory of current PT equipment and confers with RPT regarding current status and future needs
- Requests supplies PRN
- Writes weekly service summaries, develops STO's in coordination with an RPT
- Attends evaluation, progress, and discharge conferences as requested
- Ensures progress and discharge reports on each program participant served in a timely manner
- Ensures in-service training to other on safe transfers, bed mobility, and proper care of wheelchair during transportation
- Ensures balance training as requested or necessary
- Performs home accessibility evaluations as requested or necessary
- Completes daily billing summaries and turns them in to appropriate staff
- Adheres to CARF and Licensure standards
- Other duties as requested
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) program (Must have passed PES exam)
- Preferred, on year service in human services field and on year experience in neuro-rehabilitation
- Current State license (PTA)
- For Illinois applicants for Illinois positions, current Illinois license (PTA) or application with temporary license of eligibility for Illinois licensure with reciprocity from another state or eligible to sit for next scheduled licensing exam
- Other education and experience plus licensure as required by state
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services in more than 30 states to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.
EOE/AAEJob PostingUnposting Date