Poetry Editor-InternBookmark This
61 4th Avenue #4
DescriptionEstablished online literary magazine seeks poetry specialist to organize and read submissions at our East Village office once a week, with additional reading away from the office TBD.
We need someone with a passion for the written word to contribute educated opinions on the merits of poetry submitted to the magazine. In addition, the intern will be expected to comment on the magazine's Facebook page at regular intervals regarding poetry (or other relevant subjects). The internship is unpaid, but we will gladly provide recommendations and/or college credit. Please note, we prefer local students because attendance at the office is required at least once a week and we cannot offer a travel stipend; take this into account before applying.
• Read submissions of poetry and determine suitability (either accept or decline)
• Organize and edit submission files
• Promote magazine content via social media (Facebook, etc.) with regular updates
• Microsoft Word* (especially Track changes feature)
• Microsoft Excel
• Copy editing procedure
• Meticulous attention to detail
BA in English or creative writing preferred.