Point of Sale (POS) ClerkBookmark This
San Jose, CA
We are looking for a goal-oriented Point of Sale (POS) Clerk who thrives on being successful. Mi Pueblo Food Center offers professional opportunities for career growth, investment and development to individuals seeking to make an impact.
Essentialduties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain POS department pricing changes as directed by Home Office.
- Ensure all price changes are communicated effectively with Front End and other key departments.
- Make sure all product is priced correctly by updating pricing on a regular basis.
- Identify and report deficiencies and errors in the system.
- Coordinate hardware issue resolution with management.
- Maintain the BRData system and provide training for use of the system.
- Update food item and vendor changes/additions in the system.
- Maintain positive communication with vendors to ensure updates are managed appropriately.
- Ensure established Weights and Measures procedures (tares) mandated by the state of California are being followed by department clerks.
- Understand OSHA regulations and ensure they are being properly followed.
- Enter vendor information into BRData, including vendor number, name, address, and contact information.
- Enter all required item information into BRData, such as size, unit of measure, description, etc.
- Enter retail and cost information manually or through the upload of Excel spreadsheets.
- Display merchandise in accordance with Company standards regarding merchandise presentation, safety, sanitation, service and suggestive selling.
- Related duties include order writing, price changes, inventory control, product displays and cleaning.
- Enter advertised retails for multiple store versions.
- Research store issues, sent by email or called in by phone, with urgency and accuracy.
- Interact with different departments: stores, Operations, Merchandising, Category Management, Pricing, and outside vendors in a professional manner.
- Operate equipment and machinery such as baler, forklift, etc. based on operational needs.
- Other duties common to the Grocery department may be assigned by the supervisor as needed.
- Minimum of 1yearof experience in a previous POS role preferred
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent work experience preferred
- Must be 18 years of age
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) highly preferred
- Work well with others in a team oriented environment where one willingly takes on additional tasks with a positive attitude to help out the team/department.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer services - this includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to coach and lead diverse work teams to achieve performance, quality, cost, and service goals
- Requires regular attendance and/or physical presence at the job
- Fast paced, high volume, detail oriented work environment
- Exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and toxic or caustic chemicals
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Occasionally requires the ability to move, lift, carry, pull or push heavyobjects or materials.
- Lift up to 50 pounds unassisted.
- Requires extensive use of hands
- Reach above and below shoulder height, constant walking, standing in one place for long periods of time, bending, stooping, lifting, etc.
- Work in hot and cold environments.
- Follow company health and safety rules andwearprotective equipment when and where applicable.
- Safely use food handling and sanitation chemicals and equipment to maintain department cleanliness standards and local, State and Federal agencies regulations and requirements.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the cyclical nature of the grocery industry, team members are required to work varying shifts and schedules, including nights, weekends, and holidays, which reflect the Company's operating requirements.
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the department.