Policy & Communications InternBookmark This
12020 Sunrise Valley Dr., Suite 100
DescriptionWEDI is seeking a Policy and Communications Intern for an opportunity for growth and learning that requires a highly motivated individual with strong communications, organizational and interpersonal skills who is eager to learn and contribute as part of an innovative and highly respected cutting-edge organization.
The Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange (WEDI) was formed in 1991 by the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS). WEDI is a coalition made up of a cross-section of the American healthcare system: doctors, hospitals, health plans, laboratories, pharmacies, clearinghouses, dentists, vendors, government regulators and other healthcare industry stakeholders. Our goal is to leverage technology to enhance information exchange in healthcare in order to improve quality of care and to reduce costs. WEDI was named in the 1996 HIPAA legislation as an advisor to HHS and continues to fulfill that role today.
Responsibilities• Perform research and other needed tasks in areas such as policy, government relations, communications, and membership
• Analyze key legislation and regulation to identify applicability to our organization
• Assist marketing and meetings
• Help organize and keep regulatory sections of the website current
• Support selected education, marketing and membership activities
• Develop knowledge base about health information technology and related issue areas
• Assist in planning, and execution of WEDI website re-design project
Requirements• Strong research and analytical skills
• Ability to work independently and meet goals
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
• Experience using basic software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Must be a current college student or recent college graduate