Policy InternBookmark This
American Family Business Institute
755 12th Street, 5th Floor
DescriptionThe American Family Business Institute (AFBI) has an opening for a Policy Intern. This is an unpaid position for college credit.
• Accompany Director of Government relations to hill meetings, take notes and produce post-meeting brief documents
• Maintain death tax repeal pledge signatory database
• Assist with candidate outreach via phone, e-mail, direct meetings
• Perform economic and policy research and produce issue briefs for AFBF
• Perform pre-meeting research on candidates, Congressmen, and Senators
• Record minutes at DTRWG meetings, update and maintain contact database for DTRWG
• Prepare blog posts on current events
• Perform research as requested by senior staff
Candidates for this position should have completed at least two years of undergraduate study and have a 3.0 GPA or higher. They should have the following skills and experience: professional attire and demeanor, humility, good communication skills (including writing ability and telephone skills), internet research skills, familiarity with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Access, and Excel. The candidate should be detail-oriented, have strong initiative and demonstrated resourcefulness, and be willing to take on a variety of assignments, both working independently and as part of a team. A successful candidate will also have a solid commitment to permanent repeal of the Death Tax.
AFBI is a 501(c)(6) trade association of family business owners and farmers committed to permanent repeal of the Death Tax (a.k.a. federal estate tax). We believe that the Death Tax is fundamentally immoral, and destructive of family cohesion, entrepreneurship, and jobs. AFBI is the coalition leader in Washington, DC, of organizations working for Death Tax repeal.
The office is located in downtown Washington DC walking distance to Metro Center. Please submit resume, cover letter, and a writing sample to: Bobby Collins at email@example.com or fax to (202) 969-2445. No phone calls please.